We are seeking qualified candidates to fill Full-Time (Hourly) 3PK9 Explosive Detection K9 Handler positions.
3PK9 Teams are 3rd party or private sector explosive detection canine teams (EDC Teams). Each team consists of one canine handler and one assigned canine that must pass an annual TSA certification. 3PK9 Teams conduct cargo screening under 49 CFR part 1549 and in accordance with the Certified Cargo Screening Program – Canine (CCSP-K9) . 3PK9 teams perform cargo screening operations as CCSF-K9s once they have been certified by TSA approved certifying organization.
Canine handlers conduct screening operations for explosive and other hazardous materials while working with a trained Explosive Detection Canine. Handlers are responsible for maintaining administrative records for work and training. Canine handlers are responsible for the care and welfare of assigned canine.
- Be a citizen or national of the United States.
- Able to pass the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Threat Assessment.
- Have a high school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma.
- Able to pass background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to obtain a Known Traveler Number (TSA Pre-Check) through TSA.
- Can read, write, and understand English well enough to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Exercise sound judgment in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain effective professional relationships with employees and outside individuals and agencies.
- Ability to understand and successfully handle various operational issues.
- Complete a TSA third-party Canine Handler Certification prior to starting work (Provided by GK9PG).
- Complete the Global K9 Solutions Explosive Detection Canine Cargo Handler Course. (8-weeks for non-experienced, 4-weeks for experienced canine detection dog handlers) Training location is Opelika, AL.
- Canine handlers will receive a monthly stipend to care for their assigned canine (canine food, monthly preventatives, veterinarian expenses).
- Weekly canine care pay (3.5 hours at hourly rate).
- Industry leading and affordable Health Insurance (employer contributes approximately 75% of the premium cost)
- Wellness Program
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Programs
- 401(k) Plan with Accelerated Vesting Schedule (1 year vesting)
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Company Sponsored Short Term Disability Insurance
- Free College Tuition (available to all employees who qualify)
- Canine Care
- Canine Stipend
- Instant Pay Options for accelerated pay options
GK9PG was the first company approved by the TSA to begin providing Certified Cargo Screening Facility – K9 (CCSF-K9) services. Since then, we have grown to services over 35 states and 400+ client locations. The best way to describe our management team is to say that they focus on diversity. By fusing the skillsets of our Six Sigma Black Belts, MBAs, Industry Consultants, Security Specialist, & Canine Professionals; we design and deliver integrated holistic air cargo security solutions. Our management team is largely comprised of U.S. Military Veterans. This commonality strengthens the team as we strive to improve security measures around the globe. Compliance and Integrity are mainstays of our operations. We ensure that all programs operate in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.